Process technology for exhaust air
Many industrial processes and also in municipal plants such as wastewater treatment plants or waste treatment plants involve contaminated air and exhaust gases which have to be cleaned before being discharged into the atmosphere.
Exhaust air cleaning plants are designed to protect the environment, the health of employees and local residents and are often also for the protection of subsequent processes economically viable.
Find out here about our exhaust air cleaning plants from the BREUERaircare System (brochure)
Why air purification
The German Federal Pollution Control Act (BImSchG) regulates that men, animals, plants, soil, water, atmosphere and cultural and material goods have to be protected against harmful environmental effects. Contaminated exhaust air e.g. from industrial processes has to be captured and cleaned by the best available technology according to the state of the art before being passed into the atmosphere.
Besides protecting people, the environment and resources, separated materials are often recovered as recyclable materials and thus enhancing the sustainability and profitability of processes
Contaminated exhaust air arises in a variety of industries and processes.
BREUERaircare air purification systems offer solutions for
- Chemical and pharmaceutical industries
- Semiconductor industry
- Energy technology
- Renewable energy (for example, solar energy, biogas plants)
- Surface technology / electroplating
- Recycling technology
- Automotive Industry
- Water treatment plants
- Environmental engineering
- Food industry
- Municipal uses (for example, sewage treatment plants, composting plants, recycling)
- Foundry technology
- Glass treatment
As varied as the industries producing polluted air are the possible contaminants to be removed from the exhaust air. Just a few examples of substances that can be separated with the absorption process from exhaust air.
The absorption process
The absorption → BREUERaircare scrubbers works in accordance with the thermal separation process of "absorption".
In air scrubbers a scrubbing solution (absorbent) is introduced into a contact zone - the absorption zone - in intense contact with the raw gas and the hazardous materials (absorptive) contained therein. The mass transfer of the hazardous materials from the gaseous phase to the fluid phase occurs in the phase boundary between gas and fluid.
The contaminants (absorptive) are absorbed by the scrubbing liquid (absorbed), dissolved and enriched.
Depending on the air contaminants chemicals can be added in the scrubbing liquid (chemical absorption, chemical-oxidative absorption) to stable the separated harmful substances and / or implement well soluble compounds.
The creation of a largest possible contact surface is carried out by different variants of packing and / or spraying systems that are specifically selected and designed for the specific application.
Engineering, planning, project management
- Intensive information exchange with the customers about tasks and framework
- Defining the task and creating functional specifications
- Basic engineering and compilation of the necessary procedural steps
- Design and dimensioning
- Preparation of a detailed offer
- Detailed offer discussion and resolve open questions, if necessary, offer revision
- Placement of order
- Detailed engineering, design, creation of schedules, 3D manufacturing drawings, process flow diagrams and floor plans
- Detailed coordination of plans and drawings with the customer
- Subscription and manufacturing approval by the customer
- If necessary, integration of component drawings in existing customer drawings
- Work preparation and production of components
- Quality inspection and acceptance of components
- Packaging, shipping and transport
- Commissioning and acceptance
- Operator training and instruction
- Documentation, operating manuals
- After-sales service, maintenance, servicing, repair, spare parts supply
Standard equipment and options
- Housing with mass transfer zone (packings or spraying zone)
- Liquid distributor
- Droplet separator
- Connections for the air inlet and outlet
- Inspection and maintenance openings
- Scrubbing liquid surge drum in the bottom of the column or with an integrated or separate receiver tank
- Chemical Pump for scrubbing liquid circuit with internal pipework and flow indicator
- Fresh water and waste connection with manual valve
- Level indicator
- Drain and overflow fitting
- Switch and control cabinet
- Automatic solenoid valve for automatic fresh water supply
- Automatic solenoid valve for automatic waste water discharge
- Sampling valve
- Automatic level control
- Manometer for circulation pipe (optional with automatic Min / Max monitoring)
- Automatic min / max monitoring for flow in the circulation pipe
- Overfill protection acc. WHG
- Quality monitoring of the scrubbing liquid (e.g. pH and / or conductivity)
- Dosing systems for chemical dosing with corresponding connection
- Pressure difference measurement
- Antifreeze heating
- Heat exchanger for cooling the scrubbing liquid and discharge of reaction heat
- Safety collection trough with WHG accredited leakage sensor
- Viewing nozzle with interior lighting
Inertia droplet separators
Accessories for air purification systems
Accessories for air purification systems
In addition to apparatus and components for the separation of polluted exhaust air ingredients, a complete air purification system always needs the various components for exhaust air capture and air transport as well as to control the entire system.
For this purpose, the BREUERaircare system provides the complete equipment.
Elements for air collection
A proper exhaust air collector is an essential component for effective collection of contaminated air, and thus for the protection of staff, environmental and operating equipment. The BREUERaircare system offers various collecting elements to safe compliance of workplace concentrations and emission limits.
- Suction channels
- Suction hoods
- Suction walls
- Suction pipes
- Room exhausting, housing exhausting, hall exhausting
- "point of use" exhausting
Exhaust air transport, plastic fans
Heart of each exhaust system is the fan for air transport. The plastic fans we use are selected and designed for each specific application. Usually the unit is controlled for energy saving reasons by a frequency converter, whereby a power adaptation to different operating states of the plant is possible.
- Centrifugal fans with deep-drawn housing
- Centrifugal fans with welded housing
- Axial fans
- Roof fans
It is not only against harmful emissions, but also against noise people and the environment have to be protected. Fans and air flows can produce an unacceptable sound pressure level. Our silencer if necessary, arrange for required in accordance with environmental conditions reducing noise emissions.
- Circular duct silencer
- Splitter silencer
The exhaust air out of heated rooms and production halls always causes a high energy consumption as the extracted air has to replaced by heated fresh air.
With our gas-gas heat exchanger the cold fresh air can be preheated by the warm exhaust air, thereby significant energy savings can be achieved.
The integration of gas-water heat exchangers made of plastic in circulation composite systems is possible
- Gas-gas cross-flow heat exchanger
- Gas-water heat exchanger for connection to a KV-System (circuit connect system)