Process technology for exhaust air
Many industrial processes and also in municipal plants such as wastewater treatment plants or waste treatment plants involve contaminated air and exhaust gases which have to be cleaned before being discharged into the atmosphere.
Exhaust air cleaning plants are designed to protect the environment, the health of employees and local residents and are often also for the protection of subsequent processes economically viable.
Find out here about our exhaust air cleaning plants from the BREUERaircare System (brochure)
Why air purification
The German Federal Pollution Control Act (BImSchG) regulates that men, animals, plants, soil, water, atmosphere and cultural and material goods have to be protected against harmful environmental effects. Contaminated exhaust air e.g. from industrial processes has to be captured and cleaned by the best available technology according to the state of the art before being passed into the atmosphere.
Besides protecting people, the environment and resources, separated materials are often recovered as recyclable materials and thus enhancing the sustainability and profitability of processes
Contaminated exhaust air arises in a variety of industries and processes.
BREUERaircare air purification systems offer solutions for
- Chemical and pharmaceutical industries
- Semiconductor industry
- Energy technology
- Renewable energy (for example, solar energy, biogas plants)
- Surface technology / electroplating
- Recycling technology
- Automotive Industry
- Water treatment plants
- Environmental engineering
- Food industry
- Municipal uses (for example, sewage treatment plants, composting plants, recycling)
- Foundry technology
- Glass treatment
As varied as the industries producing polluted air are the possible contaminants to be removed from the exhaust air. Just a few examples of substances that can be separated with the absorption process from exhaust air.
- Chlorine Cl2
- Hydrogen sulphide H2S
- Hydrogen cyanide HCN
- Formic acid H-COOH
- Sodium hydroxide NaOH
- Dimethylethylamine C2H5-N-(CH3)2
- Hydrogen chloride HCl
- Nitrogen dioxide NO2
- Phosphoric acid H3PO4
- Ammonia NH3
- Ethanethiol C2H5-SH
- Silicon tetrafluoride SiF4
- Sulfur dioxide SO2
- Nitric acid HNO3
- Formaldehyde H-CHO
- Acetic acid CH3-COOH
- Triethylamine (C2H5)3N
- Isopropylamine (CH3)2-CH-NH2
- Sulphuric acid H2SO4
- Hydrogen fluoride HF
- Phenol C6H5OH
- Methanethiol CH3-SH
- Potassium hydroxide KOH
The absorption process
The absorption → BREUERaircare scrubbers works in accordance with the thermal separation process of "absorption".
In air scrubbers a scrubbing solution (absorbent) is introduced into a contact zone - the absorption zone - in intense contact with the raw gas and the hazardous materials (absorptive) contained therein. The mass transfer of the hazardous materials from the gaseous phase to the fluid phase occurs in the phase boundary between gas and fluid.
The contaminants (absorptive) are absorbed by the scrubbing liquid (absorbed), dissolved and enriched.
Depending on the air contaminants chemicals can be added in the scrubbing liquid (chemical absorption, chemical-oxidative absorption) to stable the separated harmful substances and / or implement well soluble compounds.
The creation of a largest possible contact surface is carried out by different variants of packing and / or spraying systems that are specifically selected and designed for the specific application.
Engineering, planning, project management
- Intensive information exchange with the customers about tasks and framework
- Defining the task and creating functional specifications
- Basic engineering and compilation of the necessary procedural steps
- Design and dimensioning
- Preparation of a detailed offer
- Detailed offer discussion and resolve open questions, if necessary, offer revision
- Placement of order
- Detailed engineering, design, creation of schedules, 3D manufacturing drawings, process flow diagrams and floor plans
- Detailed coordination of plans and drawings with the customer
- Subscription and manufacturing approval by the customer
- If necessary, integration of component drawings in existing customer drawings
- Work preparation and production of components
- Quality inspection and acceptance of components
- Packaging, shipping and transport
- Commissioning and acceptance
- Operator training and instruction
- Documentation, operating manuals
- After-sales service, maintenance, servicing, repair, spare parts supply
Standard equipment and options
All scrubbers of the BREUERaircare system have a standard equipment, which can optionally be extended to automate and enhance the functionality with a wide range of special additional equipment.
- Housing with mass transfer zone (packings or spraying zone)
- Liquid distributor
- Droplet separator
- Connections for the air inlet and outlet
- Inspection and maintenance openings
- Scrubbing liquid surge drum in the bottom of the column or with an integrated or separate receiver tank
- Chemical Pump for scrubbing liquid circuit with internal pipework and flow indicator
- Fresh water and waste connection with manual valve
- Level indicator
- Drain and overflow fitting
- Switch and control cabinet
- Automatic solenoid valve for automatic fresh water supply
- Automatic solenoid valve for automatic waste water discharge
- Sampling valve
- Automatic level control
- Manometer for circulation pipe (optional with automatic Min / Max monitoring)
- Automatic min / max monitoring for flow in the circulation pipe
- Overfill protection acc. WHG
- Quality monitoring of the scrubbing liquid (e.g. pH and / or conductivity)
- Dosing systems for chemical dosing with corresponding connection
- Pressure difference measurement
- Antifreeze heating
- Heat exchanger for cooling the scrubbing liquid and discharge of reaction heat
- Safety collection trough with WHG accredited leakage sensor
- Viewing nozzle with interior lighting
Special operating conditions, limited space and many other factors make almost any air purification system unique. With our intelligent and innovative solutions, we will realise all technically feasible special designs to solve your industrial tasks and your requirements.
TLA and TLA-S
TLA and TLA-S
The TLA is specifically designed to absorb aggressive and harmful gases and vapors that escape from the headspace of storage tanks by diurnal due to volume changes with changes in temperature and during the filling of the tank.
For use with health harmless and / or low concentrated storage media the TLA is a liquid filled vessel. Via pipe connection to the tank, its exhaust air is displaced and pushed through the liquid -wherein a part of the gases are absorbed - before it flows into the atmosphere. If no tank air is displaced, the TLA acts as a liquid lock.
For harmful or highly concentrated storage media, the use of the TLA-S is recommended. It is equipped with a packed column above the liquid lock. This is acted upon during the tank filling with scrubbing liquid, whereby the absorption capacity is significantly increased. Outside the filling interval the fresh water supply is not necessary.
Inertia droplet separators
Inertia droplet separators
Inertia droplet separators are used for droplet separation from liquid charged gas flow. The separation can be necessary for environmental protection, for recovery or for protection of following processes.
Droplet separator TAH-eco
- Low-cost standardised execution
- Removal of eliminator profiles upward via screwed cover plate
- Good separation at low pressure difference
- Horizontal mounting position
Droplet separator TAH-pro
- Version with improved separation efficiency
- Design adaptation to specific requirements possible
- Removal of profile packets via laterally housing cover with quick-release fasteners
- Horizontal mounting position
The TAH-pro features equipment & Options:
- Aerosol separator (demister) between two packets to improve the separation of very fine droplets.
- Cleaning spray nozzle at air inlet side, if necessary with automated spraying intervals
- Adaptation of the air inlet and outlet connections to existing or desired pipe dimension
- Drainage siphon
- Emptying nozzle with manual valve
Droplet separator TAR
- Radial droplet separator (cyclone separator)
- Installation position vertically or horizontally
- Suitable for high liquid loadings
- Optional with spraying nozzle
- As a pre-separator or condensate deposition
The rain traps prevents the entry of rainwater during suction of fresh air or at the exit pipe on the roof, with low air flow resistance and pressure drop.
Accessories for air purification systems
Accessories for air purification systems
In addition to apparatus and components for the separation of polluted exhaust air ingredients, a complete air purification system always needs the various components for exhaust air capture and air transport as well as to control the entire system.
For this purpose, the BREUERaircare system provides the complete equipment.
Elements for air collection
A proper exhaust air collector is an essential component for effective collection of contaminated air, and thus for the protection of staff, environmental and operating equipment. The BREUERaircare system offers various collecting elements to safe compliance of workplace concentrations and emission limits.
- Suction channels
- Suction hoods
- Suction walls
- Suction pipes
- Room exhausting, housing exhausting, hall exhausting
- "point of use" exhausting
Exhaust air transport, plastic fans
Heart of each exhaust system is the fan for air transport. The plastic fans we use are selected and designed for each specific application. Usually the unit is controlled for energy saving reasons by a frequency converter, whereby a power adaptation to different operating states of the plant is possible.
- Centrifugal fans with deep-drawn housing
- Centrifugal fans with welded housing
- Axial fans
- Roof fans
It is not only against harmful emissions, but also against noise people and the environment have to be protected. Fans and air flows can produce an unacceptable sound pressure level. Our silencer if necessary, arrange for required in accordance with environmental conditions reducing noise emissions.
- Circular duct silencer
- Splitter silencer
The exhaust air out of heated rooms and production halls always causes a high energy consumption as the extracted air has to replaced by heated fresh air.
With our gas-gas heat exchanger the cold fresh air can be preheated by the warm exhaust air, thereby significant energy savings can be achieved.
The integration of gas-water heat exchangers made of plastic in circulation composite systems is possible
- Gas-gas cross-flow heat exchanger
- Gas-water heat exchanger for connection to a KV-System (circuit connect system)
Exhaust pipes and exhaust ducts made of plastic with all necessary components
- Ventilation pipes and fittings
- Ventilation ducts and fittings
- Butterfly- and control valves
- Weather protection grills, rain hoods, deflector hood
System control cabinet
To control the installation we offer complete switchgear and control cabinets as well as special components for integration into a customer's control and your control room.
Wherever various gases and air can form explosive mixtures, explosion protection measures have to be applied.
For this purpose we use, if necessary, an electrically conductive plastics, as well as explosion proof components with ATEX-approval.